Welcome to the Website of the Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical & Occupational Rehabilitation (CCPOR). This site provides information about the College and its activities, and serves as a gateway to member services.
The CCPOR was established in 1996 as the Canadian Chiropractic College of Rehabilitation Sciences and formally incorporated in 2011 under the new title of The Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation.
The College is the largest of the five recognized Chiropractic Specialty Colleges in Canada having granted Fellowship Certificates to 133 members since its inception.
The CCPOR's primary mandates are:
- to promote and assist in the advancement of physical and occupational rehabilitation within the chiropractic profession;
- to promote clinical competence in the practice of physical and occupational rehabilitation by chiropractic rehabilitation specialists;
- to provide the College’s Graduate Students with the necessary evidence-based education, training and experience to be eligible to take the final examination leading to Fellowship in the College;
- to provide continuing evidence-based education opportunities for our Fellows and other health care professionals including general chiropractors;
- to work collaboratively with other health professional organizations in the promotion of excellence in the delivery of physical and occupational rehabilitation patient care; and
- to promote the advancement of chiropractic physical and occupational rehabilitative science and knowledge through education, research and public education.
- to represent its membership with third-party Provincial, National and International Agencies, Associations, Educational Institutions, Governments, Organizations and Regulatory/Examining Boards.