FAQGraduate Studies Program FAQ’s

This FAQ answers many questions about applying to the Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation’s Graduate Studies program. Please read carefully to see if your question has been answered here. This FAQ is a living document and additional questions will be added as required.


Where can I get an Application?

Application forms are available for download on the CMCC Continuing Education website and the Rehabilitation College website.

How do I pay my application fee?

The application fee may be paid in Canadian dollars by certified cheque or money order, payable to “Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation”.

Please note that International application fees must be paid in Canadian dollars by money order, as cheques may not be compatible with Canadian banks. The money order must be made payable to “Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation”.

Can my friend or family member pay my application fee?

Yes. Anyone can pay the application fee on your behalf. If they are paying on your behalf using a Certified Cheque or Money Order, it must be included in your application.

Is the application fee refundable?

The application fee pays for the evaluation of your application, and is not refundable. We can only refund the application fee when the program has been cancelled.

Can my application fee be waived?

No – an application fee may not be waived. All applications for the Rehabilitation College’s Graduate Studies program must be accompanied by a certified cheque or money order payable to “Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation”.

I want to take some of the Rehabilitation College’s graduate studies level courses, but I don’t want to enrol in the graduate degree program.

Some of the Rehabilitation College’s graduate level courses are available for audit upon payment of a registration fee. However, taking these courses does not make the registrant eligible for applying to become a Fellow of the College.

If I take courses without being a Graduate Student can I later become a Fellow of the Rehabilitation College?

Only Graduate Students who complete the full three year curriculum are eligible to sit for the Fellowship examination.

I have applied previously and provided documents but want to apply again. Can my old documents be used for a new application?

No. A full set of documents must be submitted for each application.

Why am I not able to apply electronically?

At this time, the Rehabilitation College is unable to accept electronic applications. If this changes in the future, candidates will be able to submit either an electronic or a paper application.

I am an international applicant. Will you recognize my degree?

All applicants must be graduates of an accredited chiropractic college. Non Canadian graduates must submit certify their transcripts through World Education Services as outlined in the Application package.

English is not my first language. Do I need to take the TOEFL/TWE exam?

If your primary language is not English and you graduated from a non-Canadian university where the language of instruction and examination was not English, then you must demonstrate your facility in English by successfully completing an acceptable English Facility Test. This requirement should be met at the time you submit your application, and must be met before registration is allowed. The TOEFL is just one of the many tests that we accept.

I would like my transcripts to be returned to me after my application is processed. Is this possible?

Once supporting documents are submitted, they become the property of the Rehabilitation College and cannot be returned.


I might miss the application deadline; can I have an extension?

The Application deadline is set by Rehabilitation College and no applications for a current year are accepted after this deadline. Any Applications received by the Rehabilitation College after the deadline will be returned to the sender unopened.

Where do I send my Application and supporting documents?

All applications and supporting documents are to be sent to:

The Graduate Studies Admissions Committee
c/o The Registrar – CCPOR(C)
468 Queen Street East, LL-02, Toronto, ON M5A 1T7

Please note that it is the Applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all documents are received by the Rehabilitation College before the deadline.

My chiropractic degree hasn’t been conferred yet because I am still attending school, but I plan on finishing in time for the current Graduate Studies year. What should I fill in?

Please enter information that is current as of the date you fill out the application.

I’m running out of room to list all the institutions I’ve attended, so how should I list them?

Please list additional institutions on a separate piece of paper and submit it with your application.

Do I have to list all the schools and institutions I’ve attended?


What supporting documents should I send?

Please see the Application checklist for all documents that need to be sent.


I changed my mind and don’t want to go to graduate school anymore; can I get a refund of the application fee?

The application fee is non-refundable.

I submitted my application and realized that I’ve made a mistake. Can I edit the information? My address has changed since I submitted my application. How can I change my address?

If you would like to update your information, please contact the Rehabilitation College at the address where you submitted your application immediately about editing your application.

I’ve sent you my Application and documents. Can you confirm that you have received them?

All applicants will receive a letter/email confirming receipt of their application and all supporting documents.

What is the status of my application?

All applicants will be sent a letter/email confirming a date and time for an interview. After the interviews, all applicants will receive a letter confirming either acceptance or denial into the Graduate Studies program.

I have been offered admission to Graduate Studies program. What do I do now?

Congratulations! Please either accept or decline your offer of admission within two weeks of being offered admission.

Will the Rehabilitation College provide information as to why my application was not accepted for entrance into the Graduate Studies program?

Given the number of applications, it is difficult for the Rehabilitation College to provide specific information as to why an applicant is denied admission into the Graduate Studies program?


My referees are sending written references. Should they send an electronic one as well?

No. All written references should be sent via mail to:

The Graduate Studies Admissions Committee
c/o The Registrar – CCPOR(C)
468 Queen Street East, LL-02, Toronto, ON M5A 1T7

Where can I get paper reference forms?

Copies of the reference form are included in the application package.

How many reference letters are required for admission?

The minimum requirement is three letters of reference.


I’ve written a personal letter of recommendation. How should I send it?

Your Letter of Recommendation is to be returned to the applicant in time for him/her to submit before the deadline.

I made a mistake in my Letter of recommendation. Where can I get another paper reference form?

Letters of Recommendation are part of the application package. You can print another copy from this package.


How do I obtain a mentor?

Mentors can be obtained by speaking to a current active Fellow of the Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation. In addition, please check on the Mentor Program package which is available online.

Do I have to submit a mentor form as part of my application?

All graduate students must have a mentor to complete the Graduate Studies program.

Can my mentor have more than one graduate student?

Yes, a mentor can have up to five graduate students. However, the mentor must be committed to devoting appropriate time to each graduate student.

What do I do if I cannot find a mentor?

The Canadian Chiropractic Specialty College of Physical and Occupational Rehabilitation can assist when necessary if the Graduate student has difficulty in finding a mentor.


I have already completed part of the old Rehabilitation College’s Field Practitioner program. Do I need to apply for the new program?

Anyone who has not completed the prior Fellowship program must submit an application for the new program.

Do I have to take the entire new program?

The Graduate Studies program in physical and occupational rehabilitation represents an entirely new program which is substantially different from the old field-practitioner modular program. Applicants who are accepted into the program are responsible for all the material presented and examinations will be based on this new material only.

Do I have to pay all the fees for the new program if accepted?

Understanding that the new curriculum represents a more comprehensive new program, fees will be pro-rated based upon prior completion of the old program.